|Project Title:||Herbarium Building – Boiler Replacement|
|Location:||Kew Gardens, Kew, Richmond, London, TW9 3AE|
Replacement of the existing gas fired boilers and associated pumps and pipework.
The works included:
- Detailed validation survey and report on the existing systems including pre and post chemical and biological water quality testing.
- Design of new services.
- Provision of design/working drawings and technical submissions.
- Disconnection and removal from site of:
- The existing boilers with associated flues and primary pipework.
- Existing primary and secondary heating pumps including local valves and pipework
- Installation of new:
- 8 No new gas fired floor standing modular condensing boilers with a total output of 2.0 MW
- Twin headed primary heating and duty and standby CT and VT pumps complete with new valves and local pipework modifications.
- Installation of proprietary composite flue liners within existing stacks.
- 2 No New stainless steel twin wall insulated flues from the boiler.
- A new combined air and dirt separator.
- New primary circuit pipework to suit the new boiler configuration including low loss header c/w all necessary isolation and regulation valves, safety valves, strainers and thermal insulation.
- Modifications to the secondary CT and VT heating pipework.
- Modifications to the existing gas pipework to suit the new boiler configuration c/w individual pressure regulators.
- Specialist testing and commissioning of new plant and services.
- Provision of O&M manuals and record documentation.
As the works were carried out during the winter months the new boilers and associated plant had to be installed in phases so as to maintain partial services. This allowed the majority of the works to be carried out within normal working hours except for the plant movement and change overs which were carried out over weekends and evenings which also ensured the safety of the client’s personal. The works included a number of specialist sub contractors all of whom had to be coordinated to ensure that the works ran smoothly and on time.